Monday, June 4, 2012

Help Others


Hey,

How's your weekend? I hope it's great full of happiness. If not, then you should read some of this interesting stories below. I found it in the internet and really make me feel gracious with life. I hope you can overcome your sadness, because there's a lot of people in this world who wanted to be just like in your place now.

In total I have 10 stories, if you want to get another story please comment and I will post it, Here's the stories:
  1. Today, in a little African village where I volunteer as a nurse, I passed out food to hungry children. And since I knew her only food for the day was the slice of wheat bread I had just given her, I did not let her see me cry when she tore the slice in two and gave the bigger half to her little brother.
  2.  Today, when I was walking to dinner outside in the cold with my elderly mom, she started walking slower and slower and digging through her bag. I often act out and get impatient with her. But when I finally had enough and was about to say something, she pulled out a five dollar bill and told me to give it to the homeless man sitting on the street curb.
  3. Today, for a moment I was frustrated to go to work on a Saturday morning. Then I remembered waking up in a safe warm bed when others don’t. I contemplated driving in my nice car, while others walk. I sipped on my warm coffee and ate a slice of toast while I thought about how others went to bed hungry last night and woke up this morning, still hungry. Instead of fretting about working today, I choose to smile. It’s my goal to find someone who woke up cold and hungry this morning, and give them what I make today, hoping it will make much more than a day’s difference to them.
  4. Today, I found one of my old high school friends, who used to tutor me in math, begging for money outside of a convenience store. I took him out to lunch and he spilled his guts to me about how his wife (also an old friend from high school) died from cancer last year; and that due to a combination of lack of medical insurance, the loss of his job, and the downturn in the economy which forced him to foreclose on his home, he has nothing left. I set him up with a place to stay in my second bedroom, and told him we’d be roommates for as long as it takes him to get back on his feet.
  5. Today, I was at my job as a hostess. It was an especially hard day, and many customers had been rude to me. One man was sitting alone, eating at a table beside me. As I stood there, close to tears, he looked me in the eye and asked me what I wanted to do with my life. I told him I was going to school to be a teacher. When he left, he hugged me and handed me a twenty dollar bill. He said, “Make a difference, sweetheart,” and left.
  6. Today, my son is confined to a wheelchair and can’t participate in a lot of things because of it. This past weekend we went to an orchard to buy apples. The orchard staff was offering wagon rides for a small price. He wanted to go but we couldn’t get his chair in the wagon. A couple of men working at the orchard picked him up, chair and all and took him on a 20 minute trip around the orchard. When they returned they unloaded him and refused to take the wagon ride fee. My son had the biggest smile on his face.
  7. Today, while walking my dog I saw a homeless man holding a box of kittens. When I asked him about them, he said that someone had abandoned them next to a dumpster in the alley way where he sleeps. “I’ve been feeding them whatever food I could find,” he continued. “But I could use some help if you know someone who could give them a better home.” I called my dog’s vet, who is the ultimate animal lover, and told her the story and where to find the homeless man. This evening I received a voicemail from the vet. She said, “I just wanted to thank you, and let you know that I have temporarily adopted the kittens. I will make sure each of them finds a permanent, happy home. Also, I was so moved by Shawn’s (the homeless man) goodwill, and the fact that he seems levelheaded, that I have offered him a part time job at the animal clinic and a free place to stay until he can get his act together. Not sure how that will go, but I figured it was worth a try.”
  8. Today, when my wife showed up to do a 5K walk in support of her breast cancer, over 400 of her current and past students (she’s a high school English teacher) and several of her colleagues showed up, unexpectedly, wearing pink shirts with her photo and a caption that read, “We’re going to beat this together.” I’ve never seen my wife so overwhelmed with joy before in my life.
  9. Today, my dad brought me into the city to one of his favorite restaurants. He ordered a large amount of food and only ate half of it. On the way home, he drove a route I was unfamiliar with. He pulled over near an alley and said, “I’ll be right back.” Then he grabbed the leftovers, ran into the alley, and returned empty handed. When I asked him what he did, he replied, “There’s a homeless veteran back there who I’ve been giving leftovers to for the last 10 years.”
  10. Today, I watched a teenage boy help an elderly woman with a cane onto the city bus I was riding. He was so careful with her, assisting her every step of the way. The woman had the biggest smile on her face. They both sat directly across from me, and just as I was about to compliment her with having a wonderful grandson, the boy looked at her and said, “My name is Chris. What’s your name, ma’am?”
World will be a much more beautiful place if we helped each others. If you find or see a needed person, go and help him or her whether young or old person. They need your help. And believe me in Law of Attraction when the time come and you need a help, someone else will help you.

Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you. ~ Mother Teresa

I got the picture above from http://www.mylot.com/sais06

Have a Helping Day
-EZ

Waiting for Your Comment and Insight

No comments:

Post a Comment