- Embrace your humanness. – Do not endlessly search of sanctity, sacredness, and purity – these things are found after this life, not in it. But in this life you can search to be human – to feel, to give, to take, to laugh, to dance, to get lost, to be found, to love and to lust… to be so unapologetically and beautifully human in every imaginable way.
- Realize your greatness. – Contrary to what others may say, you do not need to rise to the top, or be the cream of the crop, before you can feel great about yourself. For you are not a failure because you’re not perfect, got rejected or laid off, struggle to make ends meet, or have a family with issues. You are great because, despite your circumstances, you keep loving, you keep getting back up after every fall, and, above all, the little steps you keep taking, you take with grace.
- Accept yourself just the way you are. – Too many days are wasted comparing ourselves to others and wishing to be something we aren’t. Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses, and it is only when you accept everything you are, and aren’t, that you will truly find happiness and success.
- Dedicate time every day to meaningful activities. – What you do every day matters, but WHY you do what you do matters more. Continue to work hard at what you love no matter what the odds are. And if you only have fifteen minutes to spare, no problem – make those fifteen minutes meaningful.
- Look for and appreciate the lessons. – Rather than just regretting something, question specifically how it has helped you grow. Has your past equipped you to be determined, self-reliant, perceptive, tough, aware, compassionate, etc.? Focus on what you have gained rather than lost from adverse past experiences.
- Do what you can right now. – It’s not as much about acquiring new things as it is about using what you already have. Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from what you can do. No more excuses, no more wasting precious time. This moment is as good a time as any to begin doing what matters most. Start exactly where you are right now. Do what you can with what you have right now. Stop over-thinking and start DOING.
- Take it just one easy step at a time. – Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take the step.
- Measure your progress, no matter how small. – You may not be where you want to be yet, but look how far you’ve come. Be thankful that you’re not where you used to be. If you have no other testimony right now, you have this one: “I’m still here trying.”
- Let hate GO. – Holding hatred is poisonous. It eats you from inside out. We naively think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us, but hatred is a curved blade. And the only harm we do, we do to ourselves.
- Forgive. – Sometimes we don’t forgive people because they deserve it. We forgive them because they need it, because we need it, and because we cannot let go and move forward without it.
- Spend more time around those special people who truly care. – You grow to be like the people you spend most of your time with. So surround yourself with only those who are going to lift you higher.
- Do just a little bit of good today. – The fact that you can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, is proof that YOU can make a big difference.
- Be grateful. – Gratitude is simply the awareness of what’s right. Count the blessings in your life, and start with the breath you’re taking right now.
- Be present. – Do not dwell so much on creating your perfect life that you forget to live.
- Pay attention to the little things. – …because when you really miss “the good ol’ days,” you miss the little things the most, like just laughing with someone special.
- Schedule in some dedicated down time. – Find the time… the time to read, to smell the flowers, to take a walk in the wilderness, to share a laugh, to learn a fun craft, to try a new recipe, to explore somewhere new, to really be with someone you love, to paint your dreams, or even to just do nothing and relax for a while.
Waiting for Your Comment and Insight