Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Comfortable Person


Hey,

Have you ever feel so uncomfortable in an environment whether in a meeting, event, cafe, classroom,  or when hanging with bunch of your friend? It felt sucks right? You feel like you're out of their conversation, you also feel the urge to get out of there as soon as possible. It's like you are the water and the rest are the oil, all of you just can't blend with each others.

Let me change the scenario, have you ever think that your presence in a conversation or in an event actually make someone feel uncomfortable?

Hmmmm never wondering about that have you?

Yesterday I took one of public transportation in my country, it called "angkot" it's like a minivan but hmmm let's say not in a proper condition. Really dirty and I think that kind of public transportation need to go to recycling center so it can be a tuna can.
I sit in the front chair beside the driver, it already night and the clock point at 20.30 PM, so it's a common that a lot of people already tired because of all the activity that they do. I was enjoying the ride and suddenly the driver cursing another car because that car cut his road but I believe that car already give a sign. I set aside that curse even though I already feel a little uncomfortable in there. Five another minutes, He started curse another car again and you bet for the rest of the journey He always cursing and cursing to the point that I can't take it any longer. I felt so uncomfortable in there and wanted to punch His face so bad. I asked him to pull over, after I pay, I began to do some inhale exhale kind of thing and make a mental note to myself I don't want that situation make me feel unhappy and finish it with smile. It worked and I don't feel uncomfortable anymore.

I want to point out that You have to think about everyone around you while you do something in your life. Are You a person who always cynical toward others?
Are You a person who don't have a sense of humor?
Are You always serious? From Joker point of view "Why So Serious?"
Are You a boring person?
Are You a person who always insult others?
Are You a person who don't like if someone talk to You?
and more "Are You a person ........?"

Try to make a list about situation that make you uncomfortable, write it, and imagine it, what if you are the person who actually make someone uncomfortable around you??

From the list You can find exactly what's the reason you feel uncomfortable in a situation, it can be the event is boring, the person is boring, the person always talk about someone else behind their back, anything. After that You can make a better situation with the list;

I want to be surrounded by a positive environment,
I want to have a light chit chat after a harsh day at work,
I want to have a comfortable conversation without offending someone else,
(fill the list in here with something in your mind)

Try it and do it so You will be a comfortable person that anybody want to talk and hang around.

Have a Comfortable Day
-EZ

 Waiting for Your Comment and Insight

No comments:

Post a Comment